Sunday, September 9, 2018

Kansas City metro bocce tournament 9-9-18

So it’s 7:26am, and I’m debating if I should get on the bike for an hour before church, because I won’t have a chance to exercise today. The reason is because I have church then after that I have a bocce tournament,  and that’s a whole day event, but Jesse and I enjoy it! We will get to see some of our national friends we made on Team MO! Well I decided to get on the bike. Before I forget....I been watching for the weather like a hawk! Today will be a beautiful day for a bocce tournament. Special Olympics Missouri has multiple tournaments today. The South West metro  also has flag football and bocce tournament too! 

It’s 9:20pm, what day we had, but it was fun. I got gold in single and silver in doubles, Jesse got a bronze in singles and in doubles. I did pretty good in my singles and ok in doubles. Right after church I had to rush to the tournament, so I rushed to my team in the stands and got on my bip and sat down my bag, when I got to the court, I thought they said I was disqualified, I was so glad I heard there wrong! We were just waiting for a court to be free. There is some stuff I need to work on, the weather was beautiful!! The thing I liked when we got our medals for the doubles, the team who got gold, they gave a gold medal to each of the athlete that was in their division, in my books, that was classy, as an athlete it made me proud what they did. So a high five for both of you!! I saw coach Judy and Pierce who are on the Trenton Dawgs team, we keep missing each other when we have a tournament to go too, Pierce and I had challenge for a week, who would have the most steps, Pierce was catching up with me, so I had to push myself harder when we did that challenge!! Oh I forgot about the volunteers.....they were great, the volunteers who helped me when I was competing in singles, they were very helpful, asked if we needed water and talked to us! I always like to see volunteers at our events, and I love to see little children who is helping out too! Put a BIG smile on my face!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment