Thursday, September 27, 2018

9-27-18 Departure from DC



It’s 9:05am. I’m on the airplane to go back to KC! My dad woke me up at 7:30am, my alarm did not go off, I figured why the alarm did not go off, because the alarm was on a different day, good one Lynna! Lol. We had breakfast at the airport, it was really good! I had a hard time going to sleep last night. I really don’t know why. But it’s okay. 



We landed at Kansas Citt at 11am. Allen and I claimed our suitcases and my dad went to get the van. We waited for dad, there was miss communication with dad and I. I really need to work on that. We dropped Allen off to his house. On our way home, dad listened to one of his favorite singers (back in the day) lol. When we got home, I was welcomed with a big kisses from my dogs (Winston & Henry) and got a big hug from my mom. It was so good to see them! I had to unpack quickly, I had to pack for the special Olympics Missouri outdoor games, I’m really excited for the weekend! Excited to see my friends I don’t see very often, and team MO 2018 reunion.  Ok I’m sorry..I’m getting off topic, now I’m going to talk about my first conference for Healthy Athlete Messenger! Okay here it goes:
What I liked: meeting new people from different states, I even met some people from Canada! Learned a lot of new information. Exploring DC! Eating fresh seafood! Making new friends. Breakfast and lunch was really good and healthy! I liked to stay in a hotel room by myself (I felt more independent) What I did not like: I would prefer more breaks (but I understand why they didn’t have too many breaks through sessions),  I would like to have handouts of what we talked about and on who presented. Other than that, I thought it was REALLY awesome! Now I have to do my practicum, wish me good luck! I wish my fellow health messenger athletes good luck while they are doing their practicum. 




No comments:

Post a Comment