Monday, March 5, 2018

Special Olympics ALPs session 3-3-18 to 3-4-18

What a educational/ fun weekend I had at Special Olympics Missouri ALPs session at Universiy of Missouri college in Columbia! My mentor (my dad) and I arrive on Saturday at noon. Had lunch, saw some other athletes I knew. Went to my first class, the class I took was Lifetime Health & Fitness & Nutrition & You, I also took Capstone. I took Lifetime Health & Fitness class on Saturday, the instructor was very funny and had a lot of information to share. On Sunday I took capstone, in capstone I needed to find out a project to do with all of the information I've learned in the classes I have took at ALPs University took. After dinner I went to an activity with some of University of Missouri

















students, and that was really fun. They taught us a new game, which is like volleyball and 4 square. On Sunday I woke up at 3am, I really don't know why, but I went straight back to bed. Had breakfast, it was really good. yogurt with some fruit and honey, that was really delicious. In capstone class, I knew some of the athletes in that class, so that was comforting. For my project I decided to do build a committee and try to get healthier meals at tournaments and at state competitions. After our last class on Sunday, we went to a room that all athlete leaders went too and the mentors went to another room, in the room we had input council. In the athlete leader room, they had a lot of input to share, which was great. At the closing time, they recognized the 5 athlete leaders who is going to graduate. They each gave us a black balloon. An athlete leader gave a speech for part of her practicum so that was exciting, we all went outside so the graduates can release their black balloons. After that we all ate ice cream ( University of Missouri graduates does that) (it's tradition for University of Missouri) that was very exciting!! On the home I work on some of my practicum. (That's no surprise, I always work on things right away once I get assignment) lol Thank you for University of Missouri students and the University of Missouri for letting us to use some of their facility this past weekend! There are some pics below!! Thanks for reading!!



Lynna M. Hodgson
Special Olympics Missouri Athlete Leader



No comments:

Post a Comment