Wednesday, April 10, 2019

My First Challenge I held on March 1, 2019- April 6, 2019 (Health Messenger)

I held my first step competition on March 1st through April 6th. The challenge was to see how many steps you could make for six weeks. It was a great turnout. I wasn’t expecting so many participants. I had athletes, coaches, mentors and one Special Olympics Missouri Staff did the challenge. I had fun doing the challenge, I’m excited to do more challenges in the future! I tallated all of the steps between Special Olympics Missouri, athletes, coaches and mentors. That took awhile because I wanted to make sure I got the numbers right. So, I did it like...5 times. So the results is...drum roll please...1st place goes to me..I took 709,786 steps in 6 weeks! 2nd place goes to...Jaime, she took 522,127 steps in 6 weeks! And third place goes to Pierce, he took 439,860 steps in 6 weeks! Everyone did a GREAT job! I hope everyone had a great time doing the challenge, like I did! I did have two Special Olympics Staff participants but only one gave me her step counts...and that is Kayla! Thank you Kayla for doing this challenge! The total participants: 35 (that includes 1 staff person, 26 athletes, 1 mentor and 5 coaches) *

Which areas participated?*

*Kansas Metro
*St. Louis Metro
*Southwest
*Southeast
*Central
*North

*What Would I do next time?*

 1.I would tell special Olympics Missouri participants a lot more notice about my challenge. I would also not remind the participants that I need their step count. I feel like it's their responsibility, if they need reminders, please tell me, and I sure will help you out!

2.The other thing I would do get some incentives for the 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place winners, I think that will encourage the participants...well I hope!

*Why did I want to do this challenge*

I wanted to do this challenge, because I want to encourage all of Special Olympics Missouri athletes, but not just the athletes, I also wanted to include the coaches, mentors and the Special Olympics Missouri Staff. I thought it would be fun! I also did this challenge, because I feel like it's apart of my role as a health messenger for Special Olympics Missouri. I have a passion about Special Olympics Missouri and I want to encourage others to be healthy, I want to be helpful as much as I can. Also its a great opportunity to meet new people who in Special Olympics Missouri. 

Thank You's

I would like to say a BIG thank you to everyone who took part of this challenge, this challenge couldn't be more successful without all of you! I feel confident that we ALL can beat our step total next time! I'm planning more challenges in the future! If you have a challenge that I could do, I would love to hear about it! 

AND...

I wanted to share how many steps we ALL took together...we all took...7,771,742 steps!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment