Saturday, January 26, 2019

KC area polar plunge 1-26-19




       











So today is the day I run in the COLD lake! It's the Polar Plunge day for Special Olympics Missouri Kansas City area at Longview Lake in Lee's Summit.

Last year when I held on the plungers towels while they do their Plunge, I decided I'm going to do it next year! And hear I am! Drum roll please...I have raised $610!! I would like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for donating! With your donations, it will help athletes (like myself) in the KC metro area! 

Participants must be at least 10 years old and raise a minimum of $75 by event day. Additional prizes can be earned by raising the following amounts: 

$500: Hoodie 
$1,000: Jacket 
$2,000: Cooler 
$300: Blanket





WOW! What a day! First of all, the water was COLD! But i was fun! There was a lot of plungers! I've raised $615 for the Polar Plunge, I was shocked that I have raised that much! The Kansas City Polar Plunge raised more than $281,000 for Special Olympics Missouri athletes, with 738 Plungers, Super Plungers and PeeWee Plungers in the water on Friday and Saturday! Way to go KC! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment