Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Special Olympics Missouri Summer State Games 6-1-18 to 6-3-18





This past weekend, Jesse & I met our coach, and some of our teammates at Lee's Summit Planet Fitness. We were traveling to Springfield for Special Olympics Missouri Summer Games. Once we were on our way to Springfield, I remembered I forgot my water bottle! I called my parents and hoping they would bring our water bottles when they come to the opening ceremony. I'm very excited about the opening ceremony because Team MO team will be walking in as a team! Not every team MO athlete or unified partner or coach, was there for the Summer Games, but there was a good amount of us there. It was really enjoyable to be see team MO again, I still can't believe there is 24 days until the opening ceremony at the Special Olympics USA games! Ok, I'm getting off subject! Back to the summer games....The opening ceremony at the summer games...was AWESOME! Music was fantastic! We saw the athletes who got the outstanding award (they carried the SOMO flag in) There was 8 ALPS university athletes graduates! In that 8 athletes, we had 2 Team MO athletes. Shaquana Hobbs who is an athlete in Athletics and Tim Kunz who is on the softball team. I also passed out the surveys that I and my committee team came up with, i'm hoping I will get a good amount of reply's!

30 days before the opening ceremony.

On Saturday morning I woke up at 6:30am. The sun is shinning and I have my smiling face on! The day is going to be great! I asked my coach, if she had her coffee yet. She just laughed. I will be doing all of my events today. I will be competing in 100 meter run, 200 meter run, running long jump and shot put (sometimes I call it shot pot). They changed the times for the 200 meter runs and the rest of the runs to 6:45.pm on Saturday. It was really hot on that day, so I totally understood why they changed the times. After my third event, my main coach decided to go back to the dorms and to fresh up. (Which was a GREAT IDEA) Our parents took us out to eat, not very healthy food, but we need some calories because I'm about to run 200 meters in a few hours. When we got back from lunch, we went to the victory village, that was fun! Brett and I went around and played games, Brett painted. Brett loves the Pigs. (they race against each other) I was preparing myself for the 200 meter run. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous about the 200 meter run, I think it's a new thing and I always get nervous when I do something new. (I'm sure I'm not the only who feels that way) After the 200 meter run, we went to the dance and Jesse and I played Kickball, kickball was SO much fun! The dance was awesome too, it was nice to see my friends at the dance. Jesse loves to dance! I got one gold in running long jump, one silver in shot put, a bronze in the 100 meter run and a bronze in 200 meter run. Jesse did one event today, the event he did was standing long jump. I also visited the swimmers and saw from a far where TJ competed, he got all golds in his events, great job bud! 

On Sunday I woke up at 6:50am. I pretty much pack up my stuff last night, but I finishing the packing in the morning. But the packing went fast!  Then we all went to the track to watch the rest of the athletes to compete. Jesse competes in softball throw, 50 meter run and 100 meter walk. Everyone did a great job! Once everyone got done with their events we left, the time was around 12ish pm. The Lee's Summit team had lunch at Fireplace Subs (I've never been there) it was really good. I had the Italian sub. It was really good. I had a great weekend! Here's some great memories I experienced: getting medals in all of my events, seeing team MO again, taking a pic with Jesse (30 days until the opening ceremony), seeing friends, walking in the opening ceremony with Team MO, giving athletes the surveys, the best memory is when I ran the 200 meter, when I heard people cheering (that made me so happy)

Jeremiah (Basketball & I.





























No comments:

Post a Comment