Monday, April 30, 2018

Special Olympics Missouri Area Spring Games 4-28-18




So on Saturday the 28th, I woke up at 7;30am. I got up that time because my brother and I had the KC Metro Track tournament. I competed in 200 meter run, running long jump and in Shot Put. In fact, I got all golds in those events! I was so proud of myself, I'm not going to lie, I was nervous doing those events, but I did awesome! My brother events was 50 meter run, 100 meter walk and Standing Long Jump, he got 2 golds and 1 silver. He did very well. It was a long day, but we both enjoyed it! At the opening ceremony, team MO (who are in the KC Metro) got to run the torch run before the events started! That was pretty awesome, because everyone cheered us on. After the torch run, they announced the outstanding athlete and the outstanding coach, my teammate got the outstanding athlete, and I was SO happy for her! She also said the athlete oath before the games start. And the outstanding coach, was my coach. Well deserved awards to awesome individuals. I did pretty well in my events, I'm shocked I did that well. The thing I remember is when I did the run 200 meter, everyone cheered, and that was amazing feeling! I also saw some of my friends there as well, and some coaches This year they had something new, it was called Special Smiles, my brother and I did it, and I'm glad we participated. We got a bag full of teeth cleaning tools. When the day was ending for the events, they had one event, that was the relays. We didn't stay to watch that, we were all tired. But it was a good day! And I was so glad to see our family friend there to watch some of our events. And now we are going to state in the first weekend in June. State here we come!! Enjoy the pics at the below! Thank you to my mom for taking us and being the biggest fan of ours!






























No comments:

Post a Comment