Monday, June 5, 2017

Summer Games June 2-4, 2017

Hello fellow readers & bloggers,
WOW what a FUN weekend I had this past weekend! I went to Springfield Missouri at Missouri State University to attend the State Summer Games. My brother and I compete in Track and Field. This year was my 2nd year to participate in state for track and field and my brother's first year to stay with team (like I usually do) and participate in Track and Field. We both really enjoyed it. So I been watching the weather for this weekend, and they were predicting thunderstorms for the whole weekend, and guess what, IT DID NOT RAIN! Hip Hip Horary! I was so glad it didn't. Overall, I got one silver in Running long jump, one bronze in 100 meter run and one gold medal each in 1x400 relay and in Softball throw. I was so excited about the results I received! Jesse got a gold, a silver and one bronze. I was very proud of me and happy for him as well! The dance was great! Jesse loved the dance, (felt a little sprinkle, but not much) This year at state, they add another activity and that was Kickball, I didn't attend that, but I heard it was a BIG hit! My brother attend the Bingo as well, and he won a shirt! :) I was in the Open ceremony with my fellow TLC (Training for life Campus) classmates, and I was also one of four other athletes (Out standing athlete winners) who held up a Special Olympics Flag. That was neat! Overall, the best part was to compete in my events and of course seeing my friends around Missouri I haven't seen in awhile. Thank you Special Olympics Missouri for another great State competition! Below you will see pic that will confirm the FUN my brother and I had!


Jesse is proud of he's gold medal (sorry it was cut off)

Lee's Summit Relay team got GOLD medal

The band at the Opening Ceremony on Friday night

Jesse is getting he's award

Some of TLC (Training for Life Campus) members at the opening ceremony

I'm thanking the police officer that I received the gold medal for softball throw

Jesse is getting ready for he's walk event

My little Niece and the Chick-Fil-A cow

My friend Arthur and I at the dance

Happy to see my little niece Violet

I'm thanking the police officer

Jesse my brother is happy

Aaron, Piper & I

Doing the run long jump

I'm sitting on Shaquana's lap and having a little reunion

Holding the SOMO flag at the opening ceremony (I'm one of the out-standing athlete winners)

No comments:

Post a Comment