Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Outdoor games 9-27-19 to 9-29-19



Special Olympics Missouri Outdoor Games 2019

Traveling day (9-26-19)
Jesse, Darion, my mom and I met up with the ones who are going to Jefferson City early. We arrived at the hotel, we are getting into our rooms, I’m in 904. We waited for everyone to unpack and get into their rooms. We ate at Theo’s Midtown. I had a calzone. It was really good! I never had one, I didn’t think I would finish it all, but I did! I also had a side Caesar salad. It was a good dinner! After dinner we walked back to the hotel, and went on the 9th floor. We waited for the rest of our crew (rest of Lee’s Summit) Rest of the evening we just visited with our teammates and we sang happy birthday to and had cupcakes. We had three people who had birthdays. Tomorrow will be a early one, some the athletes play bocce in the morning. I’m really excited about it. My dad came later tonight, because he is Jesse’s unified partner for bocce. I better get to sleep. Got everything ready for tomorrow. 

Competition Day One : Bocce (9-27-19)
This morning I woke up at 6:30am. Got ready for the day. For breakfast I had scrambled eggs, sausage links, Apple, and grapes. After we all ate breakfast we got loaded up into vans and drove to our location. Once we got there, we went to our spot and sat down. We got our tags, which say what we are doing and what time we play etc. In singles I played against 3 other athletes, my competition was Becca (another athlete I knew) I didn’t know who were the other two athletes were) it was a thought competition, in the result I got 4th place. After I got my ribbon, I thanked the volunteers, and the athletes who I competed against. I ate some of my lunch then went to participate in unified doubles. Again another tough competition, I played against Becky again lol we bother had a good laugh. At the end of the competition and I received a silver medal. Again I said thank you to the volunteers and the athletes I competed against. I watched everyone else who competed, after my dad and my brother competed, my dad had to leave. My mom came and watched us. After the competition ended, I helped by judging who’s turn it was (in bocce). I really enjoyed it. After we helped picked up, the Lee’s Summit Crew went to get ice cream, when we got there, I was going to order , but my dad was paying for my. I thought my dad left, but I guess I didn’t. I got cookies n cream ice cream (my favorite). Also when I was competing in singles I asked my dad to get me a shirt, and he did. I was happy about that. In the evening, we went to the open ceremony, it was outside,  for dinner we had hamburger,  snack size chips, banana, energy bar and chick fil a chocolate chip. I visited with some of my friends, went to the SOMO store, saw fireworks, they were pretty amazing. Everyone else went back to the hotel, except my mom, Jesse, TJ and I, we stayed to see a softball game. It was good. Went back to the hotel after the game, got ready for bed and the next day. I was tired from a full day of fun! 

Competition Day two: Softball (9-28-19)
This morning I woke up at 7:30am. Got ready to play some softball. We grabbed our belongs that we need for the day and met everyone at breakfast, I ate a light breakfast, mostly just protein and fruit. We all were finished we met up in the entry of the hotel inside, waited until everyone is ready, we all loaded up to the vans and drove to the softball fields. Our first game was at 12pm, we have to be at the field an hour pearly before the game start. We all got settled in, we all practiced catching and throwing and we all hit off the tee. When the game was over (that just ended) we got into our dugout and got everything prepared to go. And guess what...we were going to play against Becca’s softball game. We were playing into the first inning, and it started to storm, so both teams rushed to the dugouts and see if it’s okay or if we should grab our gear and head to the vans. While we were waiting in the dugouts we are out lunch, when our coach got the call, we all headed to the vans and waited there, and ate our lunches. When the coach found out that they canceled the game, we went to get ice cream again, but this time I had chocolate ice cream,, we all went back to the hotel after we finished our ice creams. We all got cleaned up, and relaxed, some of us played uno, watched tv, or got on our phones (not saying any names lol) some of us walked around our floor (9th floor) it was cool because I started a walking club on my team while we had free time. Got ready for the dance. And we all met up at the elevator and got into the vans. For dinner we had home made Mac and cheese) green beans, pull pork sandwich and ice cream. We all decided what we wanted to do, dance or bingo. I missed the athlete input council. But I heard it was a great turnout, so I was glad to hear that! We all danced, and I saw some of my friends, Jesse went to bingo and won 2 beanie babies. When the dance was over, we all got ready for bed, then met up in the hall, and we visited, ate some snacks and walked (again) on our floor. Then eventually we all went to bed, before I went to bed I started to pick up my stuff. 

Day Three: Going Home (9-29-19)
We woke up and packed up our last minute stuff and ate breakfast before we all go home. We all got our suitcases and met outside to load up, we all said our goodbyes. And we left. Jesse, Darion and I slept the whole way (before we stopped to get drinks) when I got home, both of the dogs jumped on me, they always put a smile on my face! 

I was disappointed that we couldn’t finish our softball game, we all practiced for nothing but there is always next year, and I’m just glad I made memories and competed and met new friends. 























No comments:

Post a Comment