Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Special Olympics ALPs session 3-9-19 to 3-10-19

3-9-19 My mentor (my dad) and I left our house at 12pm. We are going to ALPs (athlete leadership programs) for Special Olympics Missouri. This time I’m taking Capstone I & Capstone II. We arrived in Columbia Missouri at 1:48pm. Capstone 1 class starts at 2pm. Once we checked in to our class, and when we received what we needed, (Important papers and name tags). We went to our class room with our instructor and sat down, I was surprised I only saw two more athletes, which I both knew them, so that made me felt good.  In this class talked what each person is going to major in, introduced ourselves, did an team exercise. We also talked about what makes a good leader, and what we want our MAIN project to be. That class ended at 6pm. For dinner we had pizza, vegetable tray and various of chips and cookies. For the evening activity, the college athletes of Mizzou and athlete leaders, played kick ball and another game, it was like 4 square and volleyball. It was fun! A class performed (at the evening activity) did like a short play.. They did very well! I’m really exciting for this ALPs session because, another athlete that I recirited to ALPs is here this weekend! When we came back from the evening activity, I unpacked my stuff and did my nightly routine. Then got everything ready for the next day, then went straight to bed! 

3-10-19
I woke up at 6am, I forgot that the time changed! So I just lay in the bed and tried to fall asleep but I couldn't, instead I was thinking what today will bring. I did fall asleep for the rest of time, and got up at 7am. So I got up and did my morning routine. We ate breakfast at the hotel, I had yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage links,went back to the hotel room and got our belongs and checked out. The class I was taking is Capstone 2. That class is another four hours. We talked about our final project some more. Went into another building and got ready for the mentor and athlete input council Got ready to present our project in front everyone.  I volunteered to share my project first. We went outside for a surprise!  We had MU ice cream, and it  was really good. We also walked through the pillars (It's shown in the last picture) Now..it's time to work on my 2 practicums, I like to get things done!! I wanted to wish all of my fellow athlete leaders and the 2 other athletes was in the capstone class with me, good luck with their practicums!! I know YOU all can do it! 

Before I forget...a HUGE thank you to University of Missouri for allowing us to use your facility, especially the Special Olympics Missouri Staff, instructors, and of course of my mentor!! (DAD)






































No comments:

Post a Comment