Saturday, March 25, 2017

Special Olympics Missouri Leadership Conference 2017

So, on Friday I traveled with my dad to go to Bennett Springs Missouri to go fishing. After that we went to Osage Beach Missouri to attend a conference for Special Olympics. I was named the KC Metro Outstanding athlete. I was very shocked when Special Olympics told me the news. I was very excited, I wanted to tell everyone I know! I told my family and they were very proud of me. Even some of my coaches on my team (Lee's Summit) even congratulate me. The conference was post to be in February but there was a snow storm that stopped the conference. Well what a FUN weekend!! Got up early, but it was worth it! I was a little late for my introduction, but I nailed it!! I was so proud of myself! I saw a lot of people I know, that was excited! Saw some of my friends, meet some new people! Another TLC (training for Life campus) athlete got the outstanding athlete award of the year 2016 was Robb Eichelberger! I'm very happy for him! He really deserve it! I still can't believe I was named the KC metro outstanding athlete, I can't shake it off! I'm very honored I got that title! I loved to hear about all of the nominees and the winners! It was very excited!! I'm very glad I was part of it! Special Olympics Missouri has helped me out so many ways, thank you for all you do and continue to do for the individuals who has illetucual disabilities and more! I care deeply about this organization! Here's some pic and fun I had this past weekend! I really enjoyed Friday evening having dinner with some SOMO athletes and the nominees!













No comments:

Post a Comment